A warm welcome our newest member winery, Savard Vines.
Watch for details regarding their new tasting room, opening this spring, located just off the highway north of Summerland. Can’t wait for spring? Visit their web site for current sales and contact info.
“Finally, after months of hard work, we are thrilled to announce that soon Savard Vines will be open for visitors. It is our plan to open our Tasting Room select spring weekends starting in March before settling into our routine summertime hours,” say proprietors Michael and Lori Savard.
Their beautiful property includes stunning lake views and is planted with approximately five acres of pinot gris and pinot noir, with some cab franc.
“We are excited to be members of Summerland’s Bottleneck Drive and look forward to getting to know everyone,” they say.
Congratulations to Kelsey Becker of Kelowna – her name was drawn for the Light Up the Vines prize package this week. Kelsey says she has entered our passport draw many times but never won. She is a big fan of Summerland and our wine, so we know this prize is going to be put to good use!
Kelsey’s prize included a case of hand-selected wines along with several bottles of craft cider, a beautiful book from The Field Guide, and a gift certificate from our friends at Local Lounge and Grille.
There are a lot of reasons to visit our members over the holiday season… Entertain visiting guests while stocking up on award-winning wines for gifts and for hosting.
Many of our wineries are open weekends leading up to Christmas and some are even open during the week. When in doubt, please call. Most are happy to open by appointment.
- Dirty Laundry Vineyard – Tuesday through Sunday from noon – 4 p.m. Closed Dec. 24 – 27, Dec. 31 through Jan. 5. January and February hours will be Friday, Saturday and Sundays only noon -4 p.m.
- Dominion Cider – appointment only, please call.
- 8th Generation Vineyard – open daily from 11-4pm until Dec. 23. Closed Monday Dec. 19. Dec. 24 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Closed Dec. 25/26; Dec. 27 – Dec. 31 open noon – 3 p.m. January, February and March by appointment and luck.
- Evolve Cellars – Wed-Sun noon-4 for wine shop until Dec 23. Restaurant closed for the season.
- Giant Head Estate Winery – call for appointment.
- Heaven’s Gate – open by appointment only until April.
- Lunessence Winery and Vineyard – by appointment only till May 2017.
- NOMAD Cider – opening spring 2017.
- Okanagan Crush Pad – Holiday Closures: Closed December 25-January 2. Regular Winter Hours: Open Monday- Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed Sundays).
- Saxon Estate Winery – Open by appointment.
- Silk Scarf – Closed till Easter 2017. Open by appointment only.
- Sleeping Giant Fruit Winery – closed Christmas and Boxing Day and will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Dec. 27 – Dec. 30. Open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 31. Closed Jan. 1, 2017.
- Sonoran Estate – open Sat. Dec. 17 from noon – 4 p.m. All other times by appointment or luck, just ring the doorbell at the shop.
- Sumac Ridge – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. Closed Dec. 25 through 27 and Jan. 1
- Summergate Winery – Sold out and closed for the season. Opening again in February 2017. Sign up for the newsletter to get the latest SummerGate news at summergate.ca.
- Summerland Hertitage Cider – open weekends noon – 5 p.m. as well as from Dec. 21-23 (also noon -5 p.m.) December 24 noon -3 p.m. All other days by appointment.
- Thornhaven Estates Winery – December weekends open noon – 5 p.m.
- TH Wines – By appointment.
Thanks to everyone who came out on Nov. 25 for Bottleneck Drive’s wine pouring event during Summerland’s Festival of Lights! Not only did we have fun sharing our wines and ciders with hundreds of guests, but we raised $1,220 for Summerland’s Food Bank.
Special thanks to our hosts this year, the Summerland Gold & Silver Exchange and the new BeadTrails Experience store.
It was a great evening and we look forward to next year’s festival!
Join us during Summerland’s annual Festival of Lights.
Enjoy wine and cider from Bottleneck Drive members as Summerland celebrates its annual light-up to kick off the holiday season. Wine tastings will be held at the Summerland Gold & Silver Exchange again this year, as well as the new BeadTrails Experience store located right next door, which will be celebrating its grand opening!
Two locations to double the space and double the fun!
Your $5 tasting fee supports the Summerland Food Bank. Non-alcoholic hot apple cider will also be available.
Enjoy the sparkle of the season while touring Summerland wineries
Summerland wineries will kick-off the holiday season with a newly expanded sixth annual Light up the Vines celebration.
“Each year, our amazing wineries and cideries along Summerland’s Bottleneck Drive light up their vines and open their doors to mark the start of the festive season,” says Bottleneck Drive Winery Association President Christa-Lee Bond.
In response to the event’s growing popularity, organizers have added an additional day: Light up the Vines runs 3 – 8 p.m. Saturday Nov. 19, Saturday Nov. 26 and Sunday Nov. 27.
Visitors will enjoy wine tastings, sparkling lights, refreshments and music while stocking up on some of the region’s best wines and ciders for holiday entertaining and gift-giving. While touring collect stamps from five wineries to complete a Light up the Vines passport and be entered to win a prize package valued at over $500.
Contact local tour operators about guided tour options or participate in a self-guided tour.
Bottleneck Drive members will also be providing wine tastings during Summerland’s annual Festival of Lights on Nov. 25.
For more information, including a map and full list of participating Bottleneck Drive wineries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to Lisa from Kelowna who won our bi-monthly draw for a Bottleneck Drive 6-pack of wine/cider. She is our May 31 winner. Next draw is June 15th; come visit 5 or more wineries or cideries, get your passport stamped and you could be the next winner.
Join us for a weekend of touring your favourite Bottleneck Drive Wineries as for our second “HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE” for two special days of touring.
June 11-12, 2016
stop in for wine tasting, special weekend promotions, and a weekend passport to win a prize valued at over $500!
This will be a SELF-GUIDED tour and there will be no fee to take part.
* winery specials
* prize package worth $500
* live music at wineries 1pm-3pm
Come with all your friends and make it a weekend of fun in beautiful Summerland.
June 11-12, 2016 Bottleneck Drive Wineries will host the 4th Annual Heard It Through The Grapevine.
Here is what our wineries have planned (this post will be updated as plans are confirmed with each winery):
8th Generation Winery
Saturday cheese tasting 11am-5pm
Dirty Laundry Vineyard
Sat Music 1pm-4pm w/ Blue Skies Trio
Sun Music 1pm-4pm w/ Kyle Anderson
Sunday Roch Lobster 12pm-2pm on the patio
10% off lunches and picnic baskets all weekend
Sat & Sun Music 1pm-4pm w/ Pianist Ryan Schick
Sat & Sun Music 12pm-4pm w/ Monday Jazz Friends
Sales on case purchases and featuring our Route 97 Meandering White
Heaven’s Gate Estate Winery
Sat & Sun Music 1pm-5pm w/ Just Dave & special appearance by The Peach Orchard Trio
Special savings on wine purchases
Saxon Estate Winery
Sat Music: 1pm-4pm w/ Howling Gents (swamp rock)
Special offer buy 5 wines and get a Pinot Grigio 2012 free
complimentary Cherry Dessert Wine
Sonoran Estate Winery
Sat Music: 12:30pm-3:30pm w/ Justin Coshman
Sun Music: 12:30pm-3:30pm w/ Acoustic Noir
Bring your lunch or pick up your picnic items in the wine shop.
Sumac Ridge Estate Winery
Sat Music: 12pm-4pm w/ Yanti Rowland, Neville Bowman, Rod Rose
$20 for Gourmet Blue Cheese Burger (salmon or veggie option) w/ glass of Black Sage Shiraz
Sat Music: 1pm-3pm w/ Acoustic Noir (Orchestrated Guitar Duo)
Sun Music: 1pm-3pm w/ Rick Van Camp & Laurie Hudson
10% off case purchases
Summerland Heritage Cider Company
Sat Music: 2pm-4pm w/ Larry Crawford and Debi Johnson
Thornhaven Estates Winery
Sat & Sun Music. 1pm-4pm w/ Van Camp Duo